Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Well then...

It's finished. The Japanese Thomas you once knew is now dead and lost...I morne. さぁ、Missoulaに帰っちゃったよ。気持ち悪いんだ。故郷はどう?じゃ、まだ親と一緒に住んでいるし、まだおらの友達は他の街の大学に居るんだし、まだおらは時々日本語で云うし、まだおらの脳は何も判りません。嗚呼!店か何処へでも行く時、何か買う時、まだ日本語の言葉を使います。まだ『お願いします』とか『済みません』と云っているんだ。狂っていると思う。でも善い事が有る。久しぶり友達と会ゑました。自分の先生の演劇に行った時、友人と不意に遭ったんだ!予定じゃなかった。勿論喫茶店へ行って、一杯喋った。友はNepalに行ったらしいです。格好ゐゐですね。死んだ人を見る事が出来たんだ!嘘じゃない!おらは日本に居る内に死んだ人と全然見なかった。大体酔っ払っちゃった人を見たんけど…

I went to my cousins wedding this weekend. Fairly beautiful ceremony. You know, you got the nice wind and the flower in her hair; and that dress that shows them legs that go all the way up to yah yah land. I got to mingle with my cousins, order them around, and drink heavily...with my family...prompted by my grandfather. My grandfather's reasoning for allowing his underaged grandson to consume mass amounts of hops fuzz....??

This would be; having never really been a past boozer...in the past, my first big American drinking party. Sure I'd been to plenty of Japanese drinking parties, but it turns out the two differe in a very crucial way. The story echoes as follows:

I was destined to stay at my cousin's wife's mother's house (herebye to be known as the CWF). My choice of residency was based on the CWF's wide collection of alcohol, usually kept in a troft, and the hottenanny (if that is a word) parties that were carried out the two nights of the wedding. My sleeping place of choice, the downstairs couch. So come the second night, after the ties been knotted and the bride and groom are off frolicking in their crapulence at some dirty Motel Eight across the street; the friends and family (mostly friends) threw a little celebration in CWF's garage. I was most certainly not going to mis out; what with drinking permission from my grandfather I was free to dim the lights and press ice bags against my forhead the next morning without worry of those parental accusations such as "have you been drinking Thomas?" or "You've been drinking Thomas". Nope, I had a ticket to ride.

And I did drink...without issue actaully because American beer seems to be much lighter than Japanese beer; which leads one to wonder 'perhaps Japanese can take their beer a lot better then American's can and perhaps the whole stereotype is....

Well I've gotten tired of typing. To make a long story short I caught some kids having sex next to my bed which prevented me from sleeping there. Well then...

ソシテ…ほら!お兄ちゃん!新しいブログだ!なんで?ソシテ使い方は?説明して。ソシテ…元気かい?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, sounds like you are slipping back into things. Heard you ran into Julie? Any other encounters with the past life?
It would be courteous to let Rena know that you do not want to do the camp if that is indeed the case. It's just common courtesy here in the States.
Peace,
Kawate

June 10, 2005 at 1:46 AM  
Anonymous Thomas said...

It is not a matter of not wanting to do, it's matter of not being let in on the circle. No one's told me 'yes' or 'no' on the subject; and I haven't heard anything from anyone for almost two months. They should let me know what's going on, after all...it is common courtesy...

June 10, 2005 at 11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well if they knew where you were...Japan...US, maybe they could let you know. I don't really know where the lines got crossed but I'm sure that they did what with journaling and paper mail. I'm just suggesting that you untangle them that's all. Rena is trying to but she can't straighten things out if she doesn't realize they are tangled. Maybe she doesn't know you never got the papers.

June 10, 2005 at 1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home